Life After College

After 8 semesters studying in Yogyakarta, I finally graduated in August 2016. It’s been few months ago, yeah, it’s been a long time ago, I know. Drastically my status had been changed from a college student to a jobseeker, it’s the creepiest thing ever.
Me at my graduation day
So, how’s life?
After my graduation day, I was super happy and excited. Finally I got my degree as an Engineering Physics graduate, I am going to find a job, and doing awesome things, that was my expectation. But, that happy story not stay in a long time. After graduation I’ve tried to apply for many companies probably hundreds of them, until I can’t remember what company I’ve been applied to. I came from one job selection to another job selection. And I still can’t get any good news. I feel kind of like frustrated, and underrated. I feel lost. Am I that bad?
Well, the truth is, it’s very difficult for women to get a job in engineering field. Most of the vacancies just open for man. Boys got more opportunity than girls. Well, it’s probably because of the company’s consideration. The job probably very though so the company thought that it will be difficult for women to do it, then they just open it for men. But why?

I believe that we are men and women have the same competencies. We came from the same background study, and as women engineer we already understand the consequences, that we have to be as though as man. But, not many company has the same perspective as I did. And because of that I can’t get many job interviews as my boy friends had. When my boy friends had gotten jobs, my girl fiends and I still struggling.
I hope there will be more opportunity for women to pursue their engineering carrier. I want to be “Fit in” in this work field. I am not studying engineering just for becoming a jobless person. I want to work in this field. I believe that we need more women perspective in engineering, because we know that in today’s society women dominated the population so we need space for women to be able to achieve their dreams too. I don’t know where my jobseeker period ends. But, I hope it is soon.
Just keep on trying and learning for a better future! Fighting!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

My Skincare Products

The Sign that He is not For You, Yet

Kenangan